AIMF, in partnership with the Telluride Institute, has launched VERTEX to represent the Mountain Partnership in the North American, Central American, and Carribean region.
By building a community of mountain stakeholders (anyone who has a vested interest in the health and well-being of mountain environments and communities), the initiative will help create a global voice for our regional mountains.
Specific activities include:
- Developing alliances and networks with the academic and scientific communities, policy makers, and other stakeholders throughout the Region--Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
- Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating mountain-specific research for the Region
- Building and maintaining a vibrant, interactive website for mountain stakeholders that highlights activities within the region
- Linking the region’s sustainable mountain development initiatives with the global mountain network
- Establishing the ‘Campaign for Mountains’ to raise awareness of critical mountain issues using social and other media and partnering with leading mountain athletes
VERTEX looks forward to building a vibrant network of Mountain Partnership members in the region and developing into a high-functioning organization that actively supports its members. Please look for the VERTEX website, which is under development.