AIMF, in partnership with the Telluride Institute, has launched VERTEX to represent the Mountain Partnership in the North American, Central American, and Caribbean region. By building a community of mountain stakeholders (anyone who has a vested interest in the health and well-being of mountain environments and communities), the initiative will help create a global voice for our regional mountains.
VERTEX’s goals are to:
- Build a “Community” of mountain stakeholders
- Establish a “Campaign for Mountains” to raise awareness on key issues
- Advocate for proactive mountain policies and agendas
- Convene major mountain summits in the region
- Undertake sustainability-related projects
- Host a virtual communications and social media platform
VERTEX looks forward to building a vibrant network of Mountain Partnership members in the region and developing into a high-functioning organization that actively supports its members. Please look for the VERTEX website, which is currently under development.