PRINCIPLES OF ENGAGEMENT & CODE OF CONDUCT
We, (board members, staff, advisors, consultants, and contractors), dedicate ourselves to carrying out the mission and work of the Aspen International Mountain Foundation (further the “Organization”) and any of its projects. We will:
- Recognize that the chief function of the Organization at all times is to serve the best interests of our constituency.
- Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct ourselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
- Keep the stakeholders informed about issues affecting it.
- Conduct our organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
- Exercise whatever discretionary authority we have under the law to carry out the mission of the Organization.
- Serve with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness in carrying out the organization's mission.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in our activities.
- Avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of our official duties.
- Respect and protect privileged information to which we have access in the course of our official duties.
- Strive for personal and professional excellence and encourage the professional developments of others.